El Yunque Rainforest & Bio Bay Combo Trip
Join us on an all-day excursion to experience two of Puerto Rico’s most well-known attractions: El Yunque Rainforest & Bioluminescence Bay Kayak Adventure!
Due to damages caused by hurricane Maria the most popular trails remain closed until further notice. We have adapted our tour route into an Off the Beaten Path version in order to continue offering a similar experience. Please read the complete description as the Rainforest portion became a more advanced and strenuous activity, may not be suitable for everyone.
We will start our day with a visit to the El Yunque Rainforest, the only tropical rain forest in the United States National Forest System and a must-stop for all visitors of Puerto Rico! You’ll have the opportunity to:
• Hike and explore through different zones of El Yunque Rainforest.
• Take a dip in a waterfall, natural pool, and waterslides (optional)
• Hear our guide cover subjects such as natural history education, medicinal and toxic plant identification, geology, ecology, pre-Colombian history, the island’s history and many other subjects including post-hurricane updates related to the Forest and Puerto Rico in general.
• Spot native flora and fauna, many of which are not found anywhere else on the planet.
After the hike, we will stop for lunch at a local restaurant (food cost not included) before heading to join a fully-guided nighttime BioBay kayak adventure into the mystical mangrove channels leading to “Laguna Grande.”
There you will meet our glowing friends, the Pyrodinium Bahamense, microscopic planktons capable of producing natural light at the touch of your hand! Explore these amazing organisms up close as our professional eco-guides take you to discover all its secrets. Learn how this fragile and unique ecosystem maintains a perfect balance of life and what you can do to protect such a special place.
On the 2-hour Bio bay kayak experience, you’ll get to:
• Learn interesting interpretations about the reserve’s fragile ecology
• Paddle in a safe and closed environment
• Explore these amazing planktons up close
• Watch how every stroke of your paddle leaves behind a glowing swirl of blue light that resembles fireflies.
Note: All tours leave from San Juan. To account for transportation, guests should allow up to 12 hours for the entire experience.
What Is Not Included?
– Gratuity for your tour guide is not included but greatly appreciated.
– Lunch after the hike to El Yunque is not included.
Your Hotel Lobby or determined meeting point in the San Juan area. Pickups outside of San Juan available at an additional cost. Exact pickup time will be provided one to two days prior to the tour.
Please contact us for more information.
$165 p/ Adult (13 to Up)
$150 p/ Child (7 to 12 yrs)
+Taxes & Fees
Call to +1 787-630-3684 for more details